Hey all!! That's right, two posts in a row! Can you believe it?? That's because today I'm sharing with you a tutorial! It's been a long time since I created any tutorials. I really don't know why I stopped. I always meant to start doing them again but never really got around to doing so. Well last night I had some time and I wanted to paint, but didn't want to paint my nails. So, why not doodle on the nail art wheel and create a tutorial??
Today's tutorial is for my sunflower nails which featured Morgan Taylor Rule the Runway! Let's take a look!
What You Need:
- Morgan Taylor - Rule the Runway or a taupe polish
- Acrylic Paints - white, brown, light orange, and yellow. You can also use nail polish, I find acrylics to be easier and quicker
- A small dotting tool
- A small nail art brush
- Top Coat
- Paint your nail with a base coat of Rule the Runway! by Morgan Taylor or a similar taupe colored polish
- With a small dotting tool, create a polka dot pattern on your nail using a white acrylic paint or white polish.
- Use a nail art brush and the brown acrylic or nail polish, create the centers of the flower wherever you want on the nail. For this tutorial, I did one on each end.
- Use a small nail art brush and a light orange acrylic or nail polish and create the petals. I do this by drawing an oval eye shape then fill in the center. Leave space in between each petal.
- With the same nail art brush and a yellow acrylic or nail polish, fill in the empty spaces between the light orange petals.
- Clean up your brown center of the sunflower. Using a small nail art brush, just even out the edge and cover any of the orange or yellow that overlapped the brown.
- Finish off with a top coat, and enjoy!
What do you think? A tutorial you might try? Should I start making more tutorials??
I would love to get into the world of YouTube but I don't see that happening yet. That whole process seems very time consuming. Filming, editing - I give you vloggers so much credit!
Let me know what else you would like to see!!
Morgan Taylor Rule the Runway is available now at LoxaBeauty.com.
Until next time, <3.